Customising the wig took me longer than I expected, I seem to have been really busy this weekend, but I finally have it done. The wig is a Nirvana Wigs one which I bought on Ebay, style Firelight. It’s beautiful, but for cosplaying as the Joker purposes I made a few changes.
The fringe was long and sweeping, so I cut it to above eyebrow length and then randomly chipped into it. It still looked a little too neat so I cut it into rough zigzags, then gelled the ends to help them keep their shape. I’m probably going to keep it like this, but I’m not completely sure yet.
Originally, the dreads came to just below shoulder-length, but I wanted something longer. I cut some dreads off the top where they’ll be covered by a hat. Then I re-attached them using, of all things, a stapler. All the other ways I thought of re-attaching them either seemed too fragile or too dangerous. I then hid the joins with lengths of green and purple material that my sister used to make our Joker and Riddler costumes. Going through her fabric scraps, I also found a couple of lengths of purple sequins, which I tied into the hair. I also tied a few bits of material randomly throughout the wig. The dreads now reach to the small of my back.
With the hat on, I kind of look like a reggae Joker, but it’s quite a cool effect.